Monday, October 1, 2012

Web Comic Site web design updates

Followers of Strait Arrow Graphix,

Well the last major change we made to the layout of the Web Comic Hosting Site ( ComicFury) was done so we could make the changes Linda and I made today.  One thing we wanted to do was Tie this blog to the  Web Comic Sites blog button.  Originally the Web Comic Site button would take you to their blog system.  Since we already had a blog set up we wanted this blog site to be the portal to all the other sites that Strait Arrow Graphix utilizes.  So With GREAT effort Linda was able to do that

We also wanted to put our Top Web Comics Vote button on the site. Again Linda came to the rescue with her super abilities to steal web code and insert it where we need it.  So now you can click the TWC button on the actual Web Comic site to Vote for it.

The other thing we changed were the buttons that navigated the comic book pages.  When we went with this layout the buttons for the previous, next, first and last buttons were nasty green arrows that made Linda want to scream.  So for the protection of ears everywhere I drew up some sword buttons to put in their place.  We had to locate the location in the code ( I actually helped this time) and I had to draw these little guys in photoshop at a ridiculously small scale.  My wacom tablet came to the rescue once again to let me do just that.

So with all that said why are you still here ready this stuff, go check it out. Go now quit reading this jumbled up stuff I am typing.

To get there quicker here is the link

The Web Comic you are supposed to go check out!!!!

Well I am going to stop typing now because some of you have not gone to look at the comic site and are determined to keep reading what I type.

James the IMAGINATOR and now web designing fool.

5 comments:

  1. I can not tell you how much better I feel now that the ugly green arrows that just DID NOT match the theme are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better too. I bet Palidos feels better too. Now that his readers don't have to use ugly green buttons. The world is a better place now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this informative post.. Stay blessed!!
    web development company in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete